Wednesday, February 07, 2007

from Proust:

"Every reader, as he reads, is actually the reader of himself. The writer's work is only a kind of optical instrument he provides the reader so he can discern what he might never have seen in himself without this book. The reader's recognition in himself of what the book says is the proof of the book's truth."

This culled from an article about Kundera's latest book:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/01/AR2007020101754.html

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Al,
From this post, I went a picked up Kundera's latest - looks as though it'll be a good read!
Sorry I missed you at the shop when you were over. It's a bit of a shocker ... we're on skeleton crew for the time being. Give me a head's up next time you're in town - I'd love to hook up with you. Maybe you can give me some style tips.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home