Thursday, November 09, 2006

Big Breakthrough in my Life

Yeah so I bought a pair of jeans today. Banana Republic from Value Village. Nicely worn in.

Why is this significant (you must be asking this)?

Well, I stopped buying and wearing jeans when I was like 12 or so because I realized that they would inhibit my ability to kick (as in fight). Chuck Norris brought this to my attention in Black Belt magazine or the like. He was featured in an ad for really stretchy jeans in which he was doing a very sweet high side kick. I think they were a signature Chuck Norris brand. I guess that line of clothing died out sometime in the last 22 years.

Anyways, what got me out to buy jeans today? Mostly my girlfriend and her sisters who seem to think that my sense of appropriately 'nice' clothing is out of touch with reality. Also, I have a new job and only one pair of appropriate pants. Most importantly though, it's not because I don't think about fighting anymore. It's just that I've given up on the notion of high kicks.

So there you have it.

Thanks to my fans who have demanded more frequent updates ;)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

took you long enough.....
how're you going?
tre

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

send a photo!

6:06 PM  
Blogger Billy Jack said...

Of my jeans?????????

12:22 PM  
Blogger Billy Jack said...

Hi Tre,

Nice to hear from you.

Things are good. Started a 3 month contract at the ultimate gear store last week and that will wind down in July. Screwed up my achilles tendon while getting thrown over someone's shoulder (or something like that, I can't remember). Hop e to make to your neck of the woods soonish, though to be honest I am always 'hoping' to do that and it hasn't been happening much.

Hope things are good over the water.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Billy Jack said...

To "Anonympous," my biggest fan:

Well I don't have a digital camera. But I will be autographing photos of myself at Walmart this Saturday.

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home