Sunday, October 21, 2007

running??

Despite my focus on a mixed martial arts/boxing-type strength and conditioning program lately, I have nearly convinced myself to start training "as a runner" again.

Lo and behold though, I do not plan on training as a "runner" usually trains. I want to do a little experiment.

What will happen to me if I continue with an intensive S&C program designed to develop maximal strength, explosive strength and conditioning alongside a pared down running program wherein I aim to do an interval day, a hill day and a long day each week (while dispensing with the usual easy runs for the most part)? How will I perform as a runner? As a martial athlete? What will happen to my body?

My enquiring mind wants to know.

1 Comments:

Blogger tre said...

A:
you will run better at top speed and anywhere requiring strength, but you won't be to scrawny to help somebody push a car off the road if they get a flat.
good plan. let me know.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home