Saturday, June 24, 2006

Season Over!

It's been awhile. Boxing season is over for me. I am moving to Vancouver in a week and so I let my gym membership expire. I may eventually seek out a gym in Van but I would like to check out a couple of more classically- oriented Japanese dojo first.

I've been running alot, really fired up now by Henry Rono's comeback:

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=1390583

http://www.ronorun.com

For those who don't know him, Henry Rono broke 4 world records in the space of 81 days in the late 70s and now, at 54 and over 200lbs, is preparing himself for an assault on the world master's mile record. This guy is totally remarkable and clearly one of the all time greats of athletics (his record-making streak included 3000m, steeplechase, 5000m and 10,000).



Since I have become a little overly focused on the internet lately (since Rono started documenting his comeback really) I might as well try and be a little more contributive and do a bit more writing here. I am pretty absorbed into running for the time being and this seems an obvious focus. I considered starting a separate blog for this but in the spirit of variety I will just plow on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home